Job Title: Senior Digital Strategist
Location: Washington, DC or Remote
Job Description: Main Street Alliance (501(c)(3)) and Main Street Action (501(c)(4)) are seeking a Senior Digital Strategist to drive the digital organizing strategies across the organization to advance organization-wide priorities in the field, in particular priorities focused on building small business membership and power, shaping narrative and public opinion toward long-term structural change including addressing systemic racism. The Senior Digital Strategist will work with national and state staff to build, test, and develop new digital strategies, align issue campaigns, policy, strategy, power building, and leadership development.
We are looking for committed, enthusiastic people with a sense of humor to join our organizing team! Main Street Alliance is committed to equal opportunity, and are considering applicants of all races, gender, ages, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, religion, and abilities. We urge people of color, and experienced organizers and activists of all backgrounds, to apply.
About Main Street Alliance: About Main Street Alliance: Main Street Alliance is a national network of state-based small business coalitions working to elevate the voices of small business owners on issues that impact their businesses, their employees, and the communities that they serve. Founded in 2008 to ensure that small business owners voices were heard in the campaign to win affordable health care, Main Street Alliance now works on a range of issues nationally and in cities and states across the country. Our policy agenda includes small business access to grants and credit to survive this pandemic & address racial disparities in small business lending, job quality issues like paid family & medical leave and earned sick and safe time, child care, health care, immigration and tax and budget fairness. We are led by a diverse group of small business owners at the state and national levels.
- Build and Implement Digital Organizing Strategies. Develop digital engagement strategies for both reactive and proactive advocacy scenarios and civic engagement—including engaging supporters on mobile platforms with an eye towards growing and engaging new audiences. Connect and build our national supporter base through organic social media, texting, calling, and other avenues including reaching out to relevant online communities and member referral.
- Develop and Maintain Strategic Partnerships. Create and maintain relationships with digitally native national partners, on-line specialists at other allied organizations, as well as congressional allies in order to build online presence for MSA and related projects. Develop strategic partnerships with influencers who can elevate MSA and project content. Build and maintain relationships with other organizations’ digital staff and key grasstops allies
- Make no small plans. But do make well-written ones. Work with team to develop monthly (and longer-term) work plans to drive work forward.
- Look to the long-term. Push every campaign to address not just the short-term gains but how they interact with Main Street Alliance’s long-term goals.
- Build deep trust. Invest in relationships with members, leaders and staff in order to deeply understand their self-interest.
- Be inclusive. Recognize and appreciate different ways of working and being.
- Be proactive. Ask questions. Look for new ways to engage. Take ownership of your work and bring ideas to the table.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, advanced degree preferred
- At least three years of senior nonprofit management experience in similar roles with increasing responsibility.
- Demonstrated track record of transparent and high integrity leadership.
- High level strategic thinking and planning. Ability to envision and convey the organization’s strategic future to the staff, board, volunteers and donors.
- Ability to effectively communicate the organization’s mission to donors, volunteers and the overall community.
- Must demonstrate a deep commitment to a vision of racial, social, and economic justice and to building the collective voice of small business owners.
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
- Previous success in establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence including funders, partner agencies and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong public speaking ability.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Fluency to read, write and speak/listen in English required; ability to speak, read, write in other languages, especially Spanish, is preferred.
- Advanced, demonstrated familiarity and comfort in using Google Suite, Microsoft Office suite, Zoom, Outlook, Quickbooks, Excel and other forms of customary office equipment or software.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary range depends on experience; full-time employee. Our competitive benefits package includes family medical, dental and vision insurance; 401(k) plan with 3% employer contribution; life insurance; and paid time off at the end of December in addition to paid family and medical leave, paid vacation and sick time.
How to Apply:
To apply, e-mail one single PDF including a over letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirements and at least 3 references to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: “Senior Digital Strategist”
Deadline to Apply: Position is open until filled.