And looking forward to 2020 - a few highlights:
- Last week we launched the Small Business for Paid Leave Coalition to advocate for a federal paid family and medical leave policy. Read about the launch, and sign up to get involved throughout 2020.
- As the election cycle heats up, we have been having conversations with candidates on the small business issues you care about. Our team in Iowa has hosted conversations with Cory Booker and John Delaney so far, as well as part of events with Amy Klochuchar and Andrew Yang - more to come in 2020!
- As we ramp up our work in 2020 on important policy issues, check out some of our recent media, highlighting our top issues:
- Small business owners in VA spoke with elected representatives on the importance of paid leave in a walking tour.
- We urged the CFPB to stop delaying data collection on discrimination in small business lending
- Members in Duluth, MN applauded the passage of Earned Sick and Safe Time and pushed for more on paid leave
- In Maine, our members Briana and Andrew Volk of Portland Hunt and Alpine Club called for a living wage, especially as tax cuts went to the wealthy
- And in Oregon, our member Rita Hudson from Union Rose Boutique highlighted child care as small business issue
Do you like this post?