The Main Street Alliance of Ohio works to provide small businesses a voice on the most pressing public policy issues in Ohio and nationally. Our advocacy promotes vibrant businesses and healthy communities, and fosters leadership development of socially responsible business leaders.
- Trust & Transparency: Successful small businesses are built on trust.
- Inclusion & Equity: Small businesses succeed when communities thrive, when all are welcome and opportunity is shared.
- Leadership: If we want our voices to be heard, we’ve got to speak up for ourselves.
- Sustainability: We build our businesses not for short-term gain, but for the long haul. Our public policies should reflect that.
- Shared Responsibility: Small businesses are part of the fabric of communities. We’re committed to giving back.
What We Do
- Research and Publish reports illustrating how policies effect real-life business owners
- Testify before Congress, state legislators, and local city councils and commissions
- Media Events such as press conferences, rallies and “reality tours” of small businesses
- Speakers Bureau of small business owners for special events and interviews with press
- Celebrate small business owners making a difference in our community
The Main Street Alliance of Ohio strategically advocates for issues of concern to small business owners and the community; we help our members to be more effective businesses and socially responsible community members.
- We provide members with information regarding government action, community trends, and broader economic and scientific information that impact business viability
- We enable and encourage the open exchange of ideas, beliefs and information expertise among members, providing members with training and learning activities
- We collaborate with other organizations and government officials to promote small business and community concerns
- We promote social policies and business practices that guarantee access to high quality health, education, housing, infrastructure, clean environment, and public safety
- We lead efforts to promote innovative business and legislative approaches that address societal inequalities and disparities
- We take long- term committed positions and action on issues that directly impact business viability and the well being of the community
The Main Street Alliance is working with allies in Ohio to create more economy-boosting jobs. We know that strong investment in our employees is the smartest investment in our businesses. Our employees are our neighbors’ customers, and their employees are ours–when everyone in our communities can afford to live, our businesses and economy thrive!
If you’re interested in learning more or getting involved, contact us at info[at]mainstreetalliance.org