EVENT: MONDAY NOV. 23rd 8:30am
CONGRESSMAN KEITH ELLISON AND CITY LEADERS DISCUSS PAID SICK DAYS WITH SMALL BUSINESSES
Tour businesses to talk about a city-wide earned sick and safe ordinance
Minneapolis, MN— On Monday, November 23rd, Rep. Keith Ellison and City of Minneapolis leaders will meet with local business owners to discuss the need for a city-wide ordinance on earned sick and safe time.
The event will mark the launch of the Main Street Alliance’s “Shop Your Values” campaign. The campaign is aimed at encouraging shoppers to patronize businesses that support their employees, the community, and working families.
The walking tour will end at Glam Doll Donuts where the Congressman will speak with additional small business owners and make himself available to the media for comment.
Monday: 8:30 - 9:30 am
- 8:30 GYST Fermentation Bar -- 25 E 26th St
- 8:40 B. Resale—2613 Nicollet Ave
- 8:50 Glam Doll Donuts--- 2605 Nicollet Ave
- Congressman Keith Ellison, 5th District
- Ky and Mel Guse, owners of GYST Fermentation Bar
- Allison Bross, owner of B Resale
- Teresa Fox, owner of Glam Doll Donuts
- Dan Ogiba, owner of Toppers Pizza Uptown
- Kate Davenport, Chief of Business Development, Eureka Recycling
- Molly Glasgow, owner of Point Acupressure
- Candida Garcia, employee at Common Roots Catering
- Kagalee Brown, owner of Wolfpack Promotions
- Frank Brown, owner of Minuteman Press- Uptown
- Lonnie McQuirter, owner of Lyn 36 Gas and Service Center
- Dan Swenson-Klatt- owner of Butter Bakery Cafe
For additional information contact:
Corinne Horowitz, State Director, The Main Street Alliance of Minnesota