Contact: Gwendolyn Green, Organizer, Ohio | firstname.lastname@example.org | 614-779-7386
The Main Street Alliance of Ohio works to provide small businesses a voice on the most pressing public policy issues in Ohio and nationally. Our advocacy promotes vibrant businesses and healthy communities, and fosters leadership development of socially responsible business leaders.
- Trust & Transparency: Successful small businesses are built on trust.
- Inclusion & Equity: Small businesses succeed when communities thrive, when all are welcome and opportunity is shared.
- Leadership: If we want our voices to be heard, we’ve got to speak up for ourselves.
- Sustainability: We build our businesses not for short-term gain, but for the long haul. Our public policies should reflect that.
- Shared Responsibility: Small businesses are part of the fabric of communities. We’re committed to giving back.
What We Do
- Research and Publish reports illustrating how policies effect real-life business owners
- Testify before Congress, state legislators, and local city councils and commissions
- Media Events such as press conferences, rallies and “reality tours” of small businesses
- Speakers Bureau of small business owners for special events and interviews with press
- Celebrate small business owners making a difference in our community
The Main Street Alliance of Ohio strategically advocates for issues of concern to small business owners and the community; we help our members to be more effective businesses and socially responsible community members.
- We provide members with information regarding government action, community trends, and broader economic and scientific information that impact business viability
- We enable and encourage the open exchange of ideas, beliefs and information expertise among members, providing members with training and learning activities
- We collaborate with other organizations and government officials to promote small business and community concerns
- We promote social policies and business practices that guarantee access to high quality health, education, housing, infrastructure, clean environment, and public safety
- We lead efforts to promote innovative business and legislative approaches that address societal inequalities and disparities
- We take long- term committed positions and action on issues that directly impact business viability and the well being of the community
Email us learn more and get involved!