The Main Street Alliance of Minnesota works to provide small businesses a voice on the most pressing public policy issues in Minnesota and nationally. Our advocacy promotes vibrant businesses and healthy communities, and fosters leadership development of socially responsible business leaders.
- Trust & Transparency: Successful small businesses are built on trust.
- Inclusion & Equity: Small businesses succeed when communities thrive, when all are welcome and opportunity is shared.
- Leadership: If we want our voices to be heard, we’ve got to speak up for ourselves.
- Sustainability: We build our businesses not for short-term gain, but for the long haul. Our public policies should reflect that.
- Shared Responsibility: Small businesses are part of the fabric of communities. We’re committed to giving back.
What We Do
- Research and Publish reports illustrating how policies effect real-life business owners
- Testify before Congress, state legislators, and local city councils and commissions
- Media Events such as press conferences, rallies and “reality tours” of small businesses
- Speakers Bureau of small business owners for special events and interviews with press
- Celebrate small business owners making a difference in our community
The Main Street Alliance of Minnesota strategically advocates for issues of concern to small business owners and the community; we help our members to be more effective businesses and socially responsible community members.
- We provide members with information regarding government action, community trends, and broader economic and scientific information that impact business viability
- We enable and encourage the open exchange of ideas, beliefs and information expertise among members, providing members with training and learning activities
- We collaborate with other organizations and government officials to promote small business and community concerns
- We promote social policies and business practices that guarantee access to high quality health, education, housing, infrastructure, clean environment, and public safety
- We lead efforts to promote innovative business and legislative approaches that address societal inequalities and disparities
- We take long- term committed positions and action on issues that directly impact business viability and the well being of the community
SIGN UP to learn more and get involved!
Our Current work in Minnesota:
Earned Sick and Safe Time
- We support a common sense, practical, and regional approach to earned sick and safe time in Minneapolis, St.Paul, Duluth, and across the Gopher State.
- The law should create a baseline standard that applies to all businesses and creates a level playing field for businesses who already provide comprehensive leave packages.
Read our new report: "The Bottom Line on Earned Sick Time"
Investment in our Communities
- During the 2016 session, Minnesota legislators will decide how to spend the state's projected $1.2 billion budget surplus for the second year, after a decade of frequent deficits.
- It's now time to invest in strategies that lead to broader prosperity and allow all Minnesotans to fully participate in the economic recovery.
- Budget choices should prioritize items that benefit everyday Minnesotans across the state.
- Now is the time for policymakers to invest in the state's future by; strengthening education from pre-school to college, expanding access to affordable childcare, and supporting strong and vibrant communities.
- These investments will pay off by building the quality workforce and high standard of living that have been the keystones of Minnesota's economic success.
For more information contact: Corinne Horowitz, Minnesota State Director | firstname.lastname@example.org | 612-232-1655